Destination: New Orleans
Patch editor Nick DiMarco will be out of town from Wednesday to Sunday.
All right, Lutherville-Timonium, I expect you to be on your very best behavior while I’m out of town for a few days.
You’re all grown up now and I hope you’ll be a responsible unincorporated collection of two municipalities. But just in case, let’s lay down some ground rules.
- Rule #1: No fires!
- Rule #2: No high-profile arrests of any kind.
- Rule #3: No interesting things are to be done by anyone of interest.
- Rule #4: No major sports wins.
- Rule #5: No new businesses are to open.
- Rule #6: Timonium, play nice with your brother Lutherville.
- Rule #7: No wild parties.
- Rule #8: No, you may not have your friends over, despite that they may be amazingly extraordinary young people.
- Rule #9: No compelling opinions of any kind.
We’ve counted the beers in the fridge and noted the mileage on the car. But just in case you’re thinking about breaking our rules, we’re leaving you with a babysitter.
In my absence, Lutherville-Timonium Patch’s top contributor Joanna Bell will be taking over as guest editor for the site from May 23 to May 27, maybe May 28 depending on jetlag.
Joanna joined the site in late 2010 and has become our local historian with her Then & Now column. She has also helmed the Patch Paw Prints post, in addition to being our outstanding features reporter. We’re grateful to have her on board.
We know you’ll treat her with the same respect that you treat me. Joanna will be manning the Patch inbox, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions, comments or concerns.