UPDATE: Hurricane Sandy Closures in Maryland
What you need to know throughout the storm.
Due to the risk of severe weather:
Maryland state government is closed except for essential personnel.
Baltimore County offices will be closed until 5 p.m. on Oct. 31. Essential and emergency personnel must report for work.
Public schools in Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County and Harford County public schools are closed.
UMBC, Towson University and Goucher College are closed.
No trash or recycling pickup. Drop-off centers are closed.
Major bridge that are closed include the U.S. 50 and MD 90 bridges in Ocean City, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, the U.S. 40 Hatem Bridge and the I-695 Key Bridge. Several other bridges have wind restrictions in place.
Baltimore County Public Library is closed.
All Baltimore County Recreation and Parks programming is canceled, and recreation centers are closed effective 1 p.m. on Monday.
Early voting is cancelled.
The Port of Baltimore is closed.
Aberdeen Proving Ground is closed.
The Towson Town Center is closed.
Amtrak suspended most train service along the eastern seaboard.
MARC commuter trains are suspended.
All Metro rail and bus service in Washington, DC, is suspended.
BWI Airport suspended operations on Monday. Widespread cancellations are expected on Tuesday.
Southwest Airlines suspended travel out of BWI-Marshall Airport on Sunday. Resumption of services at BWI depends on the conditions of the runways and airport, the company announced at its web site.
GBMC physician practices, both on and off campus, will be closed, with the following exception: GBMC Primary Care Physicians (Main Hospital Suite 5105) will be open between 9 a.m. & 2 p.m., seeing patients from the Hunt Manor, Hunt Valley, Joppa Road, Owings Mills, Perry Hall, and Texas Station practices.
As of 6:30 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 29, more than two dozen traffic signals are out, according to state and local officials. An intersection with a non-working traffic signal should be regarded as a four-way stop.
The following roads have been affected by Hurricane Sandy - some are closed, and others have significant hazards such as rising water or trees/wires down:
- Maiden Choice Lane between Frederick Road and Wilkens Avenue
- Cuckold Point Road at 7th Avenue
- Oakleigh Road and White Oak Avenue
- 11300 block Raphael Road
- 1500 block of Providence Road
- 1700 block of Cherry GardenRoad
- 1800 block Back River Neck Road
- 2000 to 2400 block of Holly Neck Road
- 2800 block of Bay Drive Windsor Mill Road at Gwynn Oak Road
- Gwynn Oak Road and Pernell Drive
- Cool Spring Road and Five Springs Road
- Liberty Road and Buckingham Road
- Buckingham Road and Prince Georges Road
- Milford Mill Road and Scotts Level Road
- Buckingham Road and Rock Ridge Road
- Bellona Avenue and Malvern Avenue
- Circle Road and Ruxton Road
- York Road and Cockeysville Road
- York Road and Belfast Road
- Bucks Schoolhouse Road and Ridge Road
- Silver Spring Road and Yvonne Road
- Northpoint Boulevard and Old Battle Grove Road
- Northpoint Road and Beechwood Road
- 1500 block of Ingleside Avenue
- 1000 block of Pleasant Valley Drive
- Sulphur Spring Road and Selford Road
- 800 block of Southwind Court
Do you have a notice to add to this list? Send it to email@example.com.