The holiday craft shows have come to an end, and the springtime fairs are still months away.
So where can you satisfy your fix for locally crafted goods? We checked out the listings for Perry Hall and surrounding communities on Etsy—a social commerce website focused on all things homemade—and were pleasantly surprised.
Michelle Eusebio, a Perry Hall stay-at-home mom and crafter, operates three shops on the website, SweetPrairieLane, CinderFrostStudios and BellaandHoot, which carry everything from American Girl doll clothing to plush handmade dolls.
"I just like to create, so I've been making dolls since I was little," Eusebio said. "I think dolls are good companions. They help girls work out their problems and learn to become better friends."
Eusebio began selling on Etsy in 2010—during a period in which the website's reach and sales nearly doubled. In 2011, Etsy generated about $525.6 million in sales and today, it hosts more than 800,000 shops, according to the company. It chargers sellers a listing fee and collects a percentage of each sale.
Here are the results of our search for local sellers:
- RiverRockArtsMD in Perry Hall sells handmade ceramic mugs and pendants.
- MargaretMackieStudio in Perry Hall sells original paintings and vintage items.
- SweetPrairieLane in Perry Hall sells handmade plush dolls.
- BellaandHoot in Perry Hall sells American Girl clothing.
- CinderFrostStudios in Perry Hall sells hats and scarfs for American Girl dolls.
- CheshireCGrinne in White Marsh sells collages and crafts.
- ScentGardenCandles in Rosedale sells homemade scented candles and wax melts.
- BelViaggioDesigns in Fallston sells unique artisan jewelry.
- BrassGiraffeVintage in Fallston sells vintage clothing, accessories and jewelry.
- TailsofLove in Fallston sells custom horsehair jewelry.
- Avations in Fallston sells handmade bead jewelry.
- SKPottery in Fallston sells hand crafted ceramics.
- LaurelBWorks in Fallston sells jewelry from precious metals and gem stones.
- SandyCrochets in Joppatowne sells handmade crocheted headwear.
- Terrapinhedgehogs in Joppatowne sells cozy hiding places for small animals.
Are you a local crafter? Tell us about your wares and leave a link in the comments or a photo in the gallery.