The man found dead in Reisterstown Saturday had been reported missing to Baltimore City police since Sept. 17, according to a media advisory from the Baltimore County Police Department.
Police confirmed the deceased to be 24-year-old Darnell William Butler, a resident of the 3800 block of Ferndale Avenue.
Butler’s body was transported to the Chief Medical Examiner’s Office Saturday for autopsy. The cause and manner of death have not yet been determined.
Police discovered Butler’s body in the Hanover Pike and Butler Road area of Reisterstown Saturday. Their investigation was spurred by the report of skeletal remains of a hand found by a landscaper in the 300 block of HedgePocket Way.
Authorities also confirmed that the hand belonged to Butler.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 » A landscaper working in the 300 block of HedgePocket Way told police that he found what is believed to be the remains of a human hand.
- Thursday, Nov. 15 » The Chief Medical Examiner's Office determined it was a human hand, prompting police to expand its investigation in the Reisterstown area.
- 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 17 » Investigators find the body of an unidentified man near where the human hand was found in the Hanover Pike/Butler Road area.
- Sunday evening » Police identify the deceased as Darnell William Butler, a 24-year-old from Baltimore.
Stay with Patch for updates.
- Police Confirm Human Hand Found in Reisterstown
- Police: Reisterstown Landscaper Possibly Finds Human Hand
- Police Investigating Human Body Found in Baltimore County