Three weeks ago, Ridgely Middle School students set out to collect 2,000 pounds of non-perishable food for needy families in Baltimore County.
"But we largely surpassed that," said student council adviser Susan Smith.
Smith stood by a county school bus today, after inviting community members to contribute to the students' haul.
By 1 p.m., the school had collected 2,800 pounds for the Community Assistance Network
Congratulations to the students, parents and faculty at Ridgely Middle School.
Use Patch to Help Your Next Charitable Endeavour By Connecting With Your Community:
- Start a blog to write about what you're doing.
- Post an announcement to get the word out.
- Add an event to the calendar to let our audience know where and when to help.
- Ask for volunteers on our Volunteers Page.
- Show us pictures of the event in our Neighborhood Gallery.
- Sign up for the newsletter so you never miss what's going on in your town.
- And most importantly, contact editor Nick DiMarco if you have any questions by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.