lost twice over the weekend to high-ranking New York-based girls lacrosse teams.
The Gators fell to Hauppauge on Saturday, 15-9, and West Genesee on Sunday in a tight 13-10 match-up.
Watch the video for highlights and commentary from head coach Brooke Kuhl-McClelland.
St. Paul's School for Girls is now ranked sixth in the Maryland IAAM A conference, according to LaxPower.com.
Head coach Brooke Kuhl-McClelland acknowleged that her team had never shown on the national stage ahead of this weekend's tournament.
"[But] this is an opportunity for us to see what it's like at other schools," the second year varsity coach said.
The Maryland-New York Lacrosse Challenge pit four of the top teams in one of Maryland's toughest divisions against comparable teams from New York.
Results, courtesy of LaxPower.com:
- Bryn Mawr SG (MD) 8, Garden City (NY) 3
- McDonogh School (MD) 14, Hauppauge (NY) 1
- West Genesee (NY) 13, St. Paul's SG, MD (MD) 10
- St. Anthony's (NY) 13, John Carroll, MD (MD) 3
- Bryn Mawr SG (MD) 15, St. Anthony's (NY) 7
- Hauppauge (NY) 15, St. Paul's SG, MD (MD) 9
- McDonogh School (MD) 20, Garden City (NY) 9
- West Genesee (NY) 14, John Carroll, MD (MD) 6
All eyes were on the McDonogh vs. Garden City match-up, hailed as the "battle of the unbeaten."
The Trojans, of Owings Mills, ultimately trounced the visiting Eagles. The Towson Times has a full recap of the 20-9 blowout.
Did you go to the Maryland-New York Lacrosse Challenge over the weekend? Add your own photos and video to this post by using the link above.