The Assistance Center of Towson Churches is looking for help collecting thousands of baskets of food to help feed needy Baltimore County residents during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Here is everything you need to know if you’re interested in helping:
ACTC Thanksgiving Baskets
- One can sweet potatoes or yams (23 to 29-ounce can)
- Two cans meat or main dish, such as beef stew or chili (15 to 24-ounce cans)
- One can of fruit (20 to 30-ounce can)
- Four cans of vegetables, such as green beans, peas or corn (15-ounce cans)
- Two packages of macaroni and cheese
- One box instant mashed potatoes
- One cake or brownie mix
- One bag or box of stuffing mix
- Bag or box of rice (1 pound)
Baskets can be delivered to Trinity Episcopal Church’s Memorial Hall, 120 Allegheny Ave., Towson, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Nov. 20 through Nov. 22.
Participating Grocery Stores
Bags of food may be ordered for $23 at four area grocery stores.
- Mars Supermarket, 1811 York Road, Timonium
- Giant Supermarket, 2145 York Road, Timonium
- Giant Supermarket, 6340 York Road, Towson
- ShopRite, 37 Ayelsbury Road, Timonium