410-560-5665/ 800- CLIMB-UP
The indoor climbing walls at Earth Trek are impressive to behold, and with good reason. These walls are the largest in the region. With 16,000 square feet of space and more than 150 different climbs to choose from, any level of climber can find what their looking for. The overhang climbs range from 23 to 50 feet, and routes are customized to meet individual climbers needs, abilities and goals.
The staff are passionate about rock climbing and it's apparent from the moment you enter the facility. Everyone is smiling, and a steady, excited banter can be heard echoing throughout the cavernous building. Director of the Timonium branch, Seth Murphy, acknowledges that the sport can seem intimidating to newcomers, but says the rewards of getting up there are something you can only understand once you've done it. The state-of-the art lesson programs are designed to challenge experience climbers, with open climbs, seminars, and outdoor expeditions in locales such as the Andes, Ecuador and Kilimanjaro, but the beginners programs are equally as impressive. There are Belay Safety Check classes, Introductory lessons available for individuals or groups, and numerous other, more specifically goal-tailored classes to choose from. There is also a children's program and indoor and outdoor combination day camps.
Shoes, harnesses, chalk bags, carabiners and Belay devices are available for rent, and the large retail area carries name-brand gear as well as street apparel. In addition to the rock climbing walls themselves, the facility houses a yoga studio, a gym with cardio and strength training equipment, and a plentiful seating area stationed at the base of the climbing walls.
- Fax: 410-560-2260
- Hours: Mon - Fri, noon - 10:00pm; Sat, (Nov - Mar) 9:00am - 8:00pm; (Apr - Oct) 9:00am - 6:00pm; Sun, 9:00am - 6:00pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp leads from parking lot to storefront
- Founding Date: Jan 01 2002
- What makes this community special?: The people. Our community of climbers are always routing for each other. It's all about getting up there, and there's a lot of teamwork around here.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Group/family, Student, Volume/season
- Membership info: Individual and family memberships are available.
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Facilities: Gym, Rock climbing wall
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Food/drink, Lockers
- Who's the most well-known athlete to have played at the facility?: Earth Treks has hosted three national championships, and climbing routes are set daily by the U.S.A.'s leading competitive climber, Matt Bosley.
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking